hob·by 1 (hŏb'ē) Pronunciation Key n. pl. hob·bies An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.
My sidewalk psychology for everyone is to get one...that is a "hobby". The pleasure of a hobby cannot be enjoyed until one has found it is the only way to:
1. escape from yourself
2. tap into the "draw outside of the lines" side of your brain for purging
3. provides no opinion of you or your hobby creation or outcome
4. on some occasions certain hobbies might provide additional revenue and who wouldn't like that?
5. provides goals, incentives and motivation for yourself
6. creates satisfaction of something done
This is my hobby...making quirky jewelry from other stuff! Test drive many...but find one...and to quote a marketing genius..."Just Do It".