Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Your Spot Of Earth

I'm somewhat stockpiling some art for a show I want to do in the Spring. Whew! Much work to do...

Here is the latest release. It is a tiny 5"x7" canvas...but the words are mighty. The interesting architectural rendering underneath the house was the inside cover of a book. I just loved the pen and ink flavor. My artistic interest very often is centered around a house, and always portraying brilliant words by various authors. How do you feel about your spot of earth?



4 comments:

Whitney Johnson said...

I also love the "home" theme. I am planning to do some pieces that celebrate our blending family and home. But I'm just discovering the world of collage art, so I'm not quite sure which medium I want to use (is that the right way to say it?). I have a lot to learn...thanks for your ideas and example. Your art is sublime!
Whitney

Carletta said...

Alexa: I check in with you everyday to see what's up. Today you touched a spot in my soul with your question - "How do you feel about your spot of earth?" Having just returned home after being away two weeks to think this is my "spot of earth" left a warm feeling in my heart. Not my house, my land, but my spot on earth. I just love it!

cindy said...

Alexa,
I just found your blog through Rebecca Sowers. It is wonderful. Your art is beautiful and inspiring. I have enjoyed going back through your previous posts. I have you bookmarked so I can check back often.
Cindy

Tara said...

What a gorgeous piece of work!
Love the quote you chose! You are a talented lady!

:0)

Tara