Sunday, March 2, 2008

Spring!

This weekend was an entree' into Spring! My little cottage industry is busy making a variety of things for a handmade show my daughter and I hope to be participants. Remember the day we spent coffee painting any card in sight? Well this is one of the creations of that day.

The card is a new math flash card. We coffee painted it...added an adorable 50's-ish playing card, some miscellaneous fabric trim, additional charm garnish and a wonderful quote about Spring.

Hanging out together and seeing her become a creative, smart and contributing young adult is truly the best gift of parenting.

"We speak of educating our children.
Do we know that our
children also educate us?
-Lydia Sigourney


3 comments:

Whitney Johnson said...

I really enjoyed reading your last couple of posts. I sat at the table just last night with my 12 and 13 year old girls and "basked" in their creative, crafty spirits. I also took time to read the interview link you gave us - fun! I'm a musician also (private voice and piano teacher, high school choir teacher...). Isn't it neat how artistic creativity spans the genres? Music definately inspires me to be creative - and happy! Have a great day... Whitney

Anonymous said...

Always fun and fresh ideas here! What a nice way to hang out with your daughter.....creating and bonding together.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am your swap ptner in the easter chic swap! I love that collage! what a great way to use old flash cards!

toodles-
sarah