Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Obviously...It Was Today!

It all began like this.......

In my typical ADD-esque style...I started cleaning...found some things that needed to be put away...put them away and found a doo-dad I haven't seen in two years....pulled it out and attempted to display it somewhere...only to find that I needed to dust....which adds to the fur balls on the floor...so, I got the vacuum out and began this process, and plunged the rolling bristles under the bed when I heard a horrible whaling sound, and the scent of burning dust began to permeate the air...only to find my vacuum was attempting to suck up my ancient book of quotes I had forgotten was tucked under the bed so I could find it easily when needed some day.
This particular quote was screaming my name...it needed to find a permanent home, thus this tiny little piece of art, only 5"x4" in size...yet, packed with much reality for me.
Domestic chores can be incredibly boring...yet, create massive discoveries. The ancient book of quotes was calling me. I had neglected to call upon it for wisdom in quite a while. The poor book had been buried with the fur balls and dust bunnies. By a series of unfortunate events, it needed to be re-discovered...obviously, it was today!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alexa, Love all your colorful works especially that cityscape. And I am glad to see you have an etsy shop now. I have never in this world seen a hair straighting machine in a rest room. I think I would be scared to death to use it. :) Hope you are having a great day creating.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I forgot to tell you the little yellow car, I found out, is a French Citreon....1962

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Love this blog! Just found you & am sooo glad I did - I'll send your addy to a couple of friends that I think will also enjoy your work. You are now listed in my "Favorites" (WhooHoo you say...)
Anyway, thanks for being so inspirational!
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Hihi, what a quirky quote! Love your work! So fun :-)