Thursday, April 10, 2008

Open The Door To Observation


"God enters by a private door into every individual."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sometimes the most mundane object can be the most telling about an individual. I recently had an experience to see housing in a different way. They didn't have front porches...yards...landscape...interesting yard ornaments...the only personal entree into their world was the front door. This was their stamp of individuality. Often I look all around the front door to make an opinion of what the person might be inside...for, the front door was only one piece of the equation...to me. But, this little mini epiphany on my part opened my eyes to see how a door style...color...ornamentation all reflect upon the owners personality. Stop for a moment as you enter a neighborhood...block out everything around the door, just see what happens to your opinion of what might be inside.
Open the door to observation...


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Those are amazing doors! I love the blue one. Good thought too!

Anonymous said...

wThis is interesting. I've always had a curiosity about doors...who lives behind it... what does it open up to... Love the blue door!

Anonymous said...

This is interesting. I've always had a curiosity about doors...who lives behind it... what does it open up to... Love the blue door!