Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Beauty and the Beast!

My horticultural skills are pretty non-existent! My green thumb is more the color of hot glue. But, for some unknown reason...my day lillies are beautiful this year. They are randomly scattered, and provide such a beautiful garnish to my yard. Obviously, their will to live is greater than my skill to nurture.

Do you ever wonder why some things happen? Why would such stunning color decide it's time to make the Lett household look better? Why would lillies need to flourish, but not require my aid? How could anything be this pretty today, after a monster hail storm yesterday? Why is "determination" so important?


“There is no chance, no destiny, no fate,
that can circumvent or hinder or control
the firm resolve of a determined soul.”
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Post Number 98!!!! 100 will soon be here!



1 comment:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

A great paradox, or is it the ultimate irony?
Wonderful photo of your dog and the lilies, too.