Thursday, October 30, 2008

This Is Not A Dress Rehearsal

I found a box of paper doll dresses the other day....they made my heart go pitty pat! It brought back fond memories of childhood....which was quickly replaced with 'my oh my, this has become a dinosaur act of playing now days'. The gift of a new booklet of paper dolls at pertinent gift giving occasions was always welcome. I thoroughly loved cutting out the various patterned jumpers and dresses...and upon reflection, I think that is all I did. Preparing the dresses for the imitation doll house closet was more fun than simulating fake paper doll families. I loved the itty bitty paper accessories...odd shaped hats...purses...corsages...and stuffed animals, and the over the top mixtures of colors and patterns are still my favorite. So...FYI: much art may be featuring paper doll dresses in the future. Below is the first installment. The quote is one of my favorites!

1 comment:

scrapwordsmom said...

More great memories!! Em just recently discovered my old paper dolls. Oh, how I LOVED them. Cutting them out and getting them all ready. What an inspirational idea!!