Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Buttons!

"Not the buttons! Not the gumdrop buttons!"
-Gingerbread Man, Shrek


Not the buttons.....as of late everything I'm creating requires a gigantic amount of buttons!  Have you ever collected something to use in your projects...then hate the prospect of using the things you have collected?  I have jars of buttons...but, I don't want to lesson the amount of buttons in the jar.  This must be some type of twisted form of "hoarding".  

The older I get, the closer I'm creating the odd lady's stuff you see at estate sales.  I'm becoming the woman with 89 sets of salt-n-pepper sets, but not one grain of either seasoning in any of them.  The collector with multi units of everything, but nothing used for its purpose.  (i.e. note the jar of thimbles above)  Does one need 27 thimbles?

I've got to give up the buttons....they are everywhere!

"Yes the buttons!, Yes all the buttons!"
-Alexa Lett


3 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

There are times I feel so overwhelmed by all my "stuff" that I am paralized to create! I guess I am more of a "collector" than "artist"...boohoo.. :-(

icandy... said...

cute!
i collect everything under the sun!
packrat? maybe. not the "hoarders" kind, though... LOL
ox
christina

Tami said...

I love buttons too...I have bought jars with great intentions of gifting them to a friend to only keep them and get something else to give them.....sad I know!