I am a huge fan of The Farm Chicks.....Serena, the proprietor is quite an entrepreneur! I daily read her blog, yearn to go to her antique show and currently have all her books! She is launching a new enterprise on Monday, My Favorite Find, and I had the pleasure of asking a few questions to learn what it is all about....
Introduce yourself. I'm Serena, mom of four, author, entrepreneur and contributing editor for Country Living Magazine.
1. First of all we must define/explain, what is “My Favorite Find”? My Favorite Find is a virtual show-and-tell. You can seek, find, and share great shoppes and events like yard sales, flea markets, antiques shows and more in your area, and then show-and-tell your finds.
2. What sparked the 'a-ha' moment to pursue this new venture? I was getting a lot of mail from readers all over the world, either asking where they could find great shoppes and events or how they could promote their own. When I couldn't find a good resource for them, I knew I needed to create it myself and I did. And that's how My Favorite Find was born!
3. You obviously enjoy having your plate very full, how much will this new venture impact your current company as a percentage? I don't yet know the answer for that. I hope that it explodes and that I'm able to create jobs and build it up into something huge.
4. Upon the grand launch of “My Favorite Find”, what are the 5 and 10 year goals? You know, I don't set goals like that for my businesses. I've learned that these things take on a life of their own and either they'll succeed or fail. I hope for great success and do everything I can to make that happen.
5. You mention the word ‘global’ in describing your venture….explain. My Favorite Find is available to anyone, the world over. That's exciting, isn't it?!
6. What is the demographic of your consumer? Women, 15-75
7. What continues to inspire you to expand and grow your business? I'm an entrepreneur at heart and love creating things that I see a market for. I'm incredibly motivated to succeed and that inspires me to work hard and be creative.
8. If you could describe “My Favorite Find” in 5 words what would they be? A virtual show-and-tell
|March 19th...My Favorite Find!...be there or be square!|