Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Bounty of the World's Longest Yard Sale!

It took more than one day to get everything posted...sorry.  But, today I got it all outside and photographed.  

This was my first purchase.  It was parked at the bumper of the crusty old car of my last post.  I've always wanted one of these shopping carts.  Just too cheap to buy it.  I graciously forked out $5 for this one.  Can't wait to make some kind of cloth insert of some old funky fabric.  And, this came in handy for the rest of the day.  


Loved this mild glass fish plate/bowl.  It is about 18" across.  Plus, the little cluster of lids and crochet potholders are always fun to find.


Once again, there is always some strange purchase that undoubtedly seems to duplicate.  Mine this year was odd heads.  The one on the left is made of some type of clay and signed on the bottom.  Although, her eyes look like they have cataracts.  The bottle on the right is just so freaky ugly I had to have her.  The bouquet of flowers on her head cover a cork.  I have a strange feeling she one time held a form of fermented something. 


Loved these bowls!  Beautiful shade of blue.


This is just a weirdo little cachet of miscellaneous gizmos.  


This was one of my favorite finds.  These red, black and white tabs were formerly on an organ.  I am unsure of the technical term of their title, but I do know I've never seen plastic organ tabs in a store.  This was a unique and glorious.  


A roll of tickets...and a roll of cloth measuring tape.


I am a huge fan of funky little pins and pendants.  The scotties were absolutely fantastic.  


Should I have the skill and time to sew and piece a quilt from all the remnants I have accumulated over the years, I could blanket a small state.  This pile of original feed sack fabric made me tingle.  Love....love them!


This little purchase marked the end of my day.  A 16" plastic Santa made the entire of day 100+ degrees all worth the little Ho, Ho, Ho!


There is nothing like it....the World's Longest Yard Sale!

Until next year!

5 comments:

Michelle Palmer said...

Such a fun post :)

Kit said...

Great treasures! I have one of those carts and use it in the garden. Enjoy yours! Kit

Julia S-W said...

Wow, what wonderful treasures you found - wish we had 'yard sales' in UK!! We have car boot sales but they're often frequented by professional buyers and sellers so consequently, bargains are hard to come by. Love the roll of tickets and the cloth tape!
Julia

Barb said...

WOW!! I love you!!...you think the way I do and love collecting eclectic treasures! LOL

Renee said...

Great finds. I AM going to that yard sale next year. Going to plan time off from work for it. I haven't been in years and we used to go alot.

I had one of those santas oh so many years ago.

Love the bakelite your found, too.