Monday, November 4, 2013

Repurposed Vintage Wallpaper Table!

One of my favorite estate sale company's...Robin's Nest, always has fabulous finds.  I was working for her a few months ago and this wallpaper table was folded into itself in the basement.  I personally had no idea what it was!  Robin enlightened me....and I HAD to have it.  

It was raw wood...abnormally long (8', because you did use it to slap glue on wallpaper in long strips)...and was quite thin in width (only 20")...had these skinny little legs...and voila....a weird serving table for my dining room.



This is the top prior to cleaning and sanding.  Note the metal edge nailed to the top for nice straight wallpaper edge cutting.


These are the skinny little wood legs marred with paint.


This is the top after cleaning, sanding and staining.


I painted the legs a dreamy shade of teal-ish...blue-ish.


This is the end result.  I love it!

Never underestimate the power of re-purposing and stretching the boundaries of the original use of mundane items.  Make decor interesting....invite "what is that?" questions.

2 comments:

Terri said...

This just made me smile. :) It looks fabulous!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

<3 My FAVORITE color!...what fun!