Friday, January 17, 2014

Retro Telephones!




Tonight my Big Guy and I went to see American Hustle.  It was a flashback of my high school years, and of course college.  I am completely certain my non-appeal for the decor of that time is justified.  Whew, there was some cray-cray wallpaper.  Plus, hair should not require that much architecture.  But, when I saw them talking on the telephone….I LOVED IT!  There is nothing more retro than one of the phones above….and they were such GREAT colors.  The rubberized slinky phone cord and watching the dial spin around with each number…truly, something I vividly remember doing over and over again.  Some people loved the LP/album….I loved the telephone.  

My daughter has no idea what I'm talking about.  It frightens me and confirms my age.
Long live the phone of my teenage era. 




No comments: