Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Got It?


I am an only child. I never had a sibling that "got me"...but, I do have many friends that "get me". As of late some have surfaced with lots of "gotcha" enthusiastically. But, I always had one aunt that got it. Ever since I was a little girl she always sent me some trendy, wonderful, clever, one-of-a-kind, special gift at Christmas time. I ALWAYS loved it. She never failed to box up a delightful treat that I always got to open the moment it arrived. Well, this same aunt now does it for my child. How awesome is that? Since I have produced an only child, the little treasures from relatives that come via mail are minimal. But, I can always depend on this aunt without hesitation. The best part of this story is....she still remembers me! My daughter just opened her just arrived Christmas package...squealed with delight...and there ever so daintily wrapped in the bottom of the box was a little goody for me. I don't know if she reads my blog...saw my love of elf related figurines...or what, but she sent me the chef elf (say that three times)...and he is FANTASTIC! What better way to remember someone with quirky things that only they would love? Get it?

No comments: