Monday, May 5, 2008

To Think....

To think...art makes you smile in spite of yourself.
This weekend was all about swimming. The day starts early and seems like it can last forever. But, if your child has enough energy to do something fun...the afternoon holds about a 3-4 hour window open to explore the city hosting the meet. It happened to be a cool and rainy afternoon, so there was little question that a movie was our entertainment.
A comedy flick was the choice. This movie left my daughter and I crying with laughter at times...yet on the other hand, my husband obtained a small nap and volunteered to go get the popcorn replenished. We clearly viewed the humor in this movie differently. As someone who was guff-awing with tears rolling down her face...I found it most difficult to understand why he was not mutually amused. We all chit-chatted about the one liners....we re-enacted certain scenes...and have now incorporated particular phrases into our everyday vernacular...but, not my husband. He can barely remember the title...or that he was there.
While driving home I was reading the big ancient quote book (you know the one) and found this quote. I'm no longer laughing...but, I'm still thinking about portions of the movie...obviously, we like different kinds of humor....or it doesn't take much to make me think...
“The kind of humor I like is the thing
that makes me laugh for five seconds
and think for ten minutes.”
-William Davis

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Always love your quotes! Might have to nab the one in this collage for inspiration - too fun!

Tara said...

Love this quote, I am printing it out and pasting it the computer!Doesn't humor get you through everything??

:0)
Tara

Tara said...

I am doing a giveaway for my 100th post, stop in!