Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Change It!

New art for today! If you think this is a metal tray...you are half correct. I think it was the lid to a cookie/candy tin in its former life. I loved the color of the outside rim...somewhere between blue...green...aqua...teal....but, it had this very typical picture of a boat dock with ships and sailboats anchored to a long and dilapidated wooden dock....yuck! A complete under-use of the beautiful shade of blue/green/aqua/teal. So...I changed it by painting over the top of the boat scene, and started layering the old, dated ephemera I like...added a cage and a bird and....there she is!
"Things do not change, we change."
-Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

This is soo cool - I just love this piece - did you paint the birdcage on?? If so, I want you talent! Please make rubber stamps of your designs so we can all have them! Love it!
Colleen