Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Magic Over Debris!

"To play safe, I prefer to accept only one type of power:
the power of art over trash, the triumph of magic over the brute."
-Vladimir Nabocov
Wooo...I've been out of pocket as of late...mucho swim meets...big summer obligations...and projects all due in the same window of time. But, happened upon this quote the other day and LOVED it! It reminded me of this drawer. This pile of aged...ripped...weird...unexplained...collection of vintage ephemera is one of my favorite places to gaze when the 'artistic block' is rearing its ugly head. This little drawer of pulp history can bust through any form of creative blandness with minimal ease. What appears to be trash is certainly my artistic treasure. Hopefully, the triumph of magic over debris!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a "paper" basket that looks exactly like that....exactly. It sits beside my creating table. How are you? It's been a while. This summer is just flying by. ~ Lynn