Monday, July 7, 2008

Vintage Neck Garnish!

"He that can have patience, can have what he will."
-Benjamin Franklin
About two years ago I found this loopy plastic chain...loved it! Ended up buying about 4 yards of it for $2. Did not have any pre-determined use...I just happen to like loopy plastic chain. About 4-5 years ago I saw this very scotty pendant on a similar black chain, and literally drooled profusely to own it. At the time it was about $125. Waaay too much for me to spend on a piece of neck garnish. (Even to this day...$125 is not likely to be put into something to hopefully enhance my neck. Call me cheap.) But, needless to say, I did not buy it. Just yearned for it. Fast forward to last week: My daughter and I were in an antique mall, and she having a complete grasp of my various eclectic passions, spotted this scotty dog key chain in a case. We summoned the store caretaker and discovered it was $18. Hmmmm? (screaming with extreme intensity in my brain...THAT'S MINE!) I casually laid it up on the check out desk. The above picture is the merging of my plastic chain, a scotty dog key chain and patience. Yippee! Affordable vintage neck garnish!

1 comment:

Shelly G said...

I love the scottie dog... very cute combination:)
shellys.hut@gmail.com