Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Spread the Word!!

"The hair is the richest ornament of women."

-Martin Luther

This is the latest creation of my offspring. My affection for buttons has woven its way into my daughter. She can spend much television time pouring through my jars of buttons...begging to have certain ones...and now sewing them to hair clips. A recent day at a craft fair with a friend proved to be a great test market for her endeavor. She is taking the oath of "giving handmade" this Christmas. Much discussion has been vented about Christmas this year. The stock market and our economy being in such disarray...we have all agreed to officially make Christmas gift giving about "handmade". This will be the treats for her friends. Spread the word give 'handmade'!

4 comments:

trash talk said...

Much clever!

jane and the happy crow said...

What a great blog, I too am a button horder, I can sit and sort buttons for hours, I have them sorted by colour and, size and age, all a bit sad really! I love all your creations look forward to popping by again. Jane in the UK

scrapwordsmom said...

These are lovely, Alexa. How old is your daughter? My Emma is 11 and is very artsy, too!!:)

Leslie

Anonymous said...

these are great! She got her creative gene from her mommy, no doubt.
cheryl b