Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What Does Your Face Say?

"A man finds room in the few square inches of his face,
for the traits of all his ancestors;
for the expression of all his history, and his wants."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lovely words to think about when you look at people. When I see older and more wiser friends, the depth of their face tell many stories without verbal dialogue. I often wonder when I look into the mirror and I'm applying every "anti-age" cream/ointment/salve...layered with coverage products, color and sparkle...what does my face say at 44? What will it say at 54?.....

3 comments:

kristi lee said...

Great quote! How's the foot these days?

Unknown said...

That is so true! I love that quote.
I hope my "few square inches" reflects my life, and can easily be read by others. I am growing old gracefully, so lets hope my face reads as exactly that, and not as "oh poor thing, she cant afford botox!"

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

My face says one thing. . . but my mirror says something entirely different. :)
But seriously, I am trying, trying to embrace those increasingly apparent laugh lines, though. They are marks of honor and a reflection of a full life. Besides, who wants an immovable face numbed by botox?
Great post!