Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What Does Your Face Say?

"A man finds room in the few square inches of his face,
for the traits of all his ancestors;
for the expression of all his history, and his wants."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lovely words to think about when you look at people. When I see older and more wiser friends, the depth of their face tell many stories without verbal dialogue. I often wonder when I look into the mirror and I'm applying every "anti-age" cream/ointment/salve...layered with coverage products, color and sparkle...what does my face say at 44? What will it say at 54?.....


kristi lee said...

Great quote! How's the foot these days?

Jenniwren said...

That is so true! I love that quote.
I hope my "few square inches" reflects my life, and can easily be read by others. I am growing old gracefully, so lets hope my face reads as exactly that, and not as "oh poor thing, she cant afford botox!"

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

My face says one thing. . . but my mirror says something entirely different. :)
But seriously, I am trying, trying to embrace those increasingly apparent laugh lines, though. They are marks of honor and a reflection of a full life. Besides, who wants an immovable face numbed by botox?
Great post!