Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Hand Touched Me

This blue orb with the yellow hand is one of my favorite gifts! My daughter gave it to me when she was about 10 years old. We (me, Honey and daughter) were in an antique mall a few years ago and she insisted on purchasing it for me. My husband didn't quite get the point...but, she felt it looked just like something I would like. When she insists...my husband generally listens. Understanding on his part, is not required. Recently, I was doing some rearranging and I stumbled upon this little jewel. I love it as much today...as the moment she gave it to me. Who knows why she made the connection, but she no doubt felt one. Nevertheless, the hand touched me.

1 comment:

scrapwordsmom said...

I LOVE that! How sweet your daughter gave you that. My Emmie is always thinking of me, too and creating some kind of gem. I have a bouquet of lovely, little flowers she created out of paper for me last Mother's Day. It remains one of my fave gifts. I have it hanging in my office.

Thanks for sharing this today.