Monday, May 4, 2009

Sunny in Sweetwater!

I had the distinct pleasure of being one of three artists featured at Morris Galleries in Sweetwater, TN this past Friday night. When I arrived, my area looked like this (see below)...the beautiful large frames that housed my art were fabulous...not to mention the antique table with all my goodies scattered about. My creations have never been merchandised so beautifully. It was such a fun night! The gallery is truly a gem in the heart of Sweetwater. This beautiful historic building has been lovingly restored and filled to the brim with outstanding works of art. The many artisans represented are varied and multi-talented. I am honored to be placed amongst their ranks.
This is a view from the back of the store looking to the front door. Notice the beautiful hardwood floors...all original!
This is a fellow artist I met, Kristine. She creates beautiful, one-of-a-kind jewelry from polymer clay. Her artistry is stunning. You must check out her website to fully appreciate what she does with a block of clay. Kristine shared some artistry business with me, and I found her to be just as pretty as her jewelry.
The middle dear is the owner of the gallery, Susan Morris. She is the genius of the store and quite an artist in her own rite. She creates fibre art and jewelry (I now own a pair of earrings-yea!) that is unbelievable...look here for her story. Her artistic endeavors are quite remarkable. Sweetwater should be very proud!
So, to say I had a fantastic time Friday night, is an understatement. Thank you Kristine and most certainly Susan....it seems incredibly sunny in Sweetwater.
"Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others,
cannot keep it from themselves."
-James Barrie

1 comment:

scrapwordsmom said...

Oh, how I wish I lived closer... I would have been there!!