Friday, May 8, 2009

What Inspires Me

I found this image buried in a stack of drawings and doodles of a "How-To" art book copyrighted 1928. The image was not signed...but, I thought it was beautiful. All I did was embellish the image with stitching, notions and tatting...then added the quote by Thoreau. The art deco frame was perfect....I thought. I envisioned a man sitting and sketching this beautiful young woman as she waited for a bus or fairy. The doodles and drawings did not have duplicate images...it was almost like he sat somewhere and sketched whomever attracted his eye. If I were guessing from the information gathered in the book...I would assume the artist and his muse might now be in the neighborhood of 105-115 years of age. I wonder if she ever knew it was drawn? What happened to the artist? I love finding little pockets of artistry, and then attempt to back in to what was going on to create them. Artistic gems of this sort are truly what inspire me.

2 comments:

Barbara Jean said...

That's lovely.

blessings.

barbara jean

Jeanne Oliver said...

Love it!