Sunday, August 21, 2011

Oh Marilyn Monroe! The Statue!

I always thought Marilyn Monroe was larger than life.....now she IS larger than life.

On a recent outing to Chicago, all the talk was about going to see the Marilyn statue....and it was awesome.  The iconic pose of Marilyn standing over the air vent with her white dress fluttering in the wind, coupled with her sexy little grin was beautifully captured in this GI-NORMOUS piece of art.  Everyone scurried to take their turn to stand next to her leg and have a photo made.  The magnitude of the piece made her absolutely stunning.


 Every angle of the sculpture was breathtaking.  The gentle flow of her dress was so perfect.  It somewhat defied gravity.

 Her heel was at the top of my hip....I'm 5'10"...now that's a spike heel!

Just an observation...look at the creepster laying on the ground.


This was his vantage point for approximately 20 minutes.  He didn't move...only took photo, after photo, after photo....of concrete granny panties.  What is up with that?  He just rested under Marilyn's huge canopy of her dress and made photos.  Hmmmm.

"I'm not interested in money,
I just want to be wonderful."
-Marilyn Monroe

Done. 

5 comments:

Lataina said...

OMG!!! I love it! I want one! LOL She's so beautiful. =)

scrapwordsmom said...

Oh I didn't even know they had that there. I collect Marilyn stuff...love her and so want to see this!!!!

Renee said...

I love Marilyn. I watched TCM movies all weekend so saw her in one. I'd love to see this statue in person.

(I was a kid when she died and have always been fascinated with her).

Great pics. The bean is cool, too but I really like Marilyn better.

Renee said...

Love the statue. I've been fascinated with Marilyn since I was a kid. Great pics

jun1ne said...

I want one of u too