Saturday, January 11, 2014

Woolworth's Mini Ornament Goodness!

This was a gift from one of my delightful junking gal pals.  Just got it yesterday.  I am a freak for old Christmas ornaments.  I'm not sure my buddy knew this, but luckily karma played a roll in this gift giving.  

Do you remember Woolworth's Five & Dime?  I DO!  It was a shopping mecca.  As a kid my $5 monthly allowance has been grossly squandered regularly purchasing from the aisles of shallow and cheap knick-knack goodness.  I can even remember seeing these boxes of sparkly jewel toned ornaments.  When they began to be stocked on to the shelves....it was Christmas time in Tennessee!

Little did my friend know....


Little did YOU know my fantastic gift was a teenee tiny version!  BONUS: it is a pin too!!  


Absolutely love it!  Can't wait until next Christmas to adorn my lapel with this retail memory!

Thank you Kim! 

1 comment:

Carol said...

Oh my goodness, what a treasure. I love it. I worked for Woolworth in San Antonio in the late 70's and early 80's. What a fabulous idea to make it into a pin!

Smiles,

Carol