Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Junking In My Own Cabinets!


A bulging tumor of excess has been growing!  My cabinets are so full I only use the minimal number of things I can touch and not have to unload to reach.  Thus, so many pretty things go unused....unseen....and unloved.


So.....I have been cleaning out the cabinets.  


The number of things wedged and tucked into the crevices of my kitchen is alarming.  


Glasses and glasses...oh my!  We use the same four glasses every day.  I use them and immediately put them in the dishwasher, and I turn it on each night.  Replace them in the cabinet each morning and the cycle begins again.  When friends or family are here we use the same glasses with maybe 4-5 more.  Why do I need this many glasses?  Why!  

In my purging...I have found:

1.  the above Christmas containers I have needed numerous times during the holidays.
2.  a Christmas gift for my daughter that I hid approximately 2 years ago.
3.  a thermostat timer we purchased about 8 months ago and I stuck it in the cabinet.
4.  boxes and boxes of birthday candles
5.  tongs I have replaced by a new pair two times

No telling what else is yet to be unearthed!
Hail to the cleaning!


No comments: