Wednesday, December 5, 2007


My friend and I recently went on a "flea marketing/junking" trip! The most fun I have had in many years. Great friend, good times...fantastic junk! While taking a little snack and beverage break we happened to be sitting behind these two young lasses. My friend and I both agreed to have a 'heart to heart' with the other should one of us come out dressed like this, yet a large part of myself admires their boldness. The one on the left has a very large, and self-made plumage of red and purple feathers in her hair...the one on the right has purchased comfy, black walking shoes, but, hot glued red and purple grosgrain ribbons across the toe...not to mention the variety of purple and red accessories amplifying their commitment to the "Red Hat Society". The personal fashion statement at first is somewhat garish, but upon minutes of observation, represent the woman of self-confidence I want to become. A person comfortable in their own skin, proud of the organization they represent, inventive and craftsy in their selection of purple and red, and more importantly, flanked by a good friend of equal stature. To dream.....

No comments: