Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Freak Of Nature

There is no question I am a "maximalist", and by this I mean (since it is not defined in the dictionary to my pleasing)...

maximalist - noun. someone who enjoys clutter; seeks to collect every possible catagory; never is one enough, a collection of three or more is always better; there is no surface in their living area that some doo-dad has not found a home; concentrated stuff is preferred;
ex. "Since she was a maximalist, she had 42 different collections."

Even though maximalist is a descriptive title in which I'm worthy,...the above simpleton picture somehow came from me, and I actually liked it. My "M.O." (modus operandi...or way I do stuff) always screams color, texture, waaaay too much stuff, more is more and then add one; can sometimes be overwhelming. But, in my effort to display these cute little Bakelite button earrings, simplicity somehow stumbled into my lens. I snubbed it immediately and continued to add to the photo. But, upon looking through the images, this no doubt was the best.

Oh no...have I become a minimalist? Did this happen-stance moment alter my whole style of "everything"? Should I fear my "M.O." is changing?

Naaaa. I still have on 4 necklaces, 5 bracelets and approximately 6 vivid colors. This had to be a freak of nature.

"The world is a scene of changes;

to be constant in nature is inconsistent."

-Cowley

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I believe in the possibility that in all maximalists, there is a little bit of minimalist, because after all, maximalists usually prefer the extreme.

BTW, Love the pic and the earrings, ooh and that quote by Cowley.

-Heidi