Monday, March 10, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now!

"Never be afraid of what you might be,
be afraid that you might not see it clearly."
-Anonymously

This weekend held much conversation about what we wanted to be when we grow up. I threw in my two cents about my history...the beginnings of a music career...followed by various management and marketing jobs...and now currently a Wife, Mom and miscellaneous artistic entrepreneur. No doubt the first title has absolutely nothing to do with the last title. In fact, none of the titles have anything to do with each other at all....yet, little bits and pieces of wisdom have surfaced from each title to currently give me the one I hold. Half of the battle was recognizing it was possible, and acceptable to alter the title. The title was clearly there....although, sometimes it is hard to claim.

It is always interesting to discover what happens when you pen your thoughts. Things you never knew about yourself have a moment of clarity. I never dreamed I would be writing a artistic type blog, books, articles and various other freelance work....and I feel certain Mrs. Rucker, my 7th grade English teacher, would have questioned this literary goal indeed. Yet, it is clearly something I want to do.

Titles are merely words...but to know it is you, and what you want to do, makes everything else so clear. Can you see clearly?

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Interesting thoughts. Its becoming clearer to me what i want to be when i grow up, but its scary trying to get there, scary to leave my comfort zone. You are right, half the battle is realising you can change your title if you want.