Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rich Beauty!

"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle."
-Albert Einstein


See the rich beauty of each bead and crucifix...the colors and symbolism were moving to me. I found these buried in a basket at a yard sale. Just a little thought...


Questions raised in my head:
1. Why did someone have so many?
2. Were they deeply religious?
3. Did they just see beauty in things?
4. How did they end up in a yard sale?

My opinion of the answers:
1. A true kindred spirit collector always believes "more is always more".
2. Perhaps they were Catholic...but, perhaps they had deep respect for all religions.
3. There is no doubt rich beauty was appreciated.
4. There comes a time when "things" are not always that important.

When you stumble upon interesting items, so vicariously slung into a yard sale...I always have to stop and ponder their history prior to this moment as I hold it in my hand. Every day is a miracle.

TOMORROW is the 100th POST!

No comments: