Thursday, December 4, 2008

Worthy of Thought!

"Music is the purest form of art...
therefore true poets, they who are seers,
seek to express the universe in terms of music...
the singer has everything within him.
The notes come out from his very life.
They are not materials gathered from outside."
-Rabindranath Tagore
I was sitting here doing some computer work for my daughter's school...a gentleman was here doing some painting...I turned up my radio to ensure my focus on my work...and my head filled with yummy music. My taste is massively disloyal to everybody. I listen to what I like and that could be anything from Journey (my former teenage days) to the latest teeny bopper tune "Womanizer" by Britney (feel free to talk about me now)...my IPOD is like visiting a musical buffet....it has everything on it.
My work consisted of writing minutes for a meeting I had attended the day before. This monthly meeting is always about raising funds for something....sometimes the arts...sometimes sports...and often the academic needs of my daughter's school. Classic over-share on my part, but crucial in creating the reasoning of my post. This combination of thumping rhythm in my head, along with figuring out a way to get money for the art department made me question the difference in the two. This being music and art. Which one deserves the most funding?....which art is more important?... I feel very conflicted and the debate was quite interesting. The above quote made me mull differently....not necessarily my stance...but, worthy of thought...

No comments: