Monday, January 26, 2009

Notice The Texture!

"Texture is the most enduring
and ubiquitous underpinning of form...
certainly a calming, meditative and
appealing world for both the eye and mind."
-Lynda Lehmann
I recently joined a very cool year long artful color journey through ArtsyMama's blog . "A Year of Color" is now my favorite place to check in and see the great photos, wonderful projects and the link to other artists with creativity bubbling over! In just my few days of checking in to see the latest and greatest color photos...I have found myself categorizing many things by color and adding my own visual layer of "texture". I thought it would be fun to join in a creative, artful way but, featuring texture for a few days.
The definition of "Texture": 1. the characteristic physical structure given to a material, an object, etc., by the size, shape, arrangement, and proportions of its parts 2. the characteristic visual and tactile quality of the surface of a work of art resulting from the way in which the materials are used.
Texture is such a great visual...but, you have to start looking for it. Can't wait to start adding layers of texture to my art! Stop and notice the texture!

3 comments:

angelandspot said...

I love texture. I esp. love that top photo. There is a lot of great texture in all those jewels.

Kari said...

So glad you're enjoying the blog!! Love this post and your thoughts on texture. Lovely!
Kari

Big Blog Collection said...

Hi, we love your blog and would like to offer you to list it in our blog collection at http://www.bigblogcollection.com