Monday, March 30, 2009

Multiplier!

The family spent a few days in the hot sun during spring break this past week. We all had a great time, and it really makes you yearn for warm weather at home. While out and about I spent a little time with a dear friend I see only every few years. She has been experiencing some tough medical issues, but seems to have quite an optimistic spirit. The time together was one of my highlights of the time off. Days with no cell phone...email...blog...television...news...or any other type of communication portal is quite invigorating. Sometimes you do not realize how your inner optimism gets absorbed...zapped...squelched every day. Time to multiply the internal optimism is quite healing.
"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier."
-Colin Powell

3 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

As a cancer survivor (12 years- YEAH!) I can tell you attitude means so much - her optimism will get her by (even if it doesn't "heal" her - she will be better able to cope)Best thing you or anyone can do for her is to encourage and feed that optimistic spirit!

Your artwork is lovely as usual - I have enjoyed the piece I won form you last year so much (and the book - with it's lovely presentation of French ribbons and buttons and flowers!)

Welcome home and try to incorporate some of the "non-communication - obligations" while home :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey! So sorry for your friend and I admire her optimism. And I know what you mean about a day with no communication...it can be heavenly.

Jeanne Oliver said...

I agree...with all the ways for people to reach us it is amazing to have breaks from that and just renew.