Friday, May 1, 2009

Stack of 45's!

One of the largest wake-up calls to my age was about three years ago. My daughter and I were in my workroom and I pulled out of a file a few 45 records. She picked them up and said, "what is this?" That hurt. She really had no idea what a record was....I went through the CD comparison and explained my affection for Donny Osmond and David Cassidy, that I collected 45's just like she bought songs for her IPOD...and she said, "yea, yea, yea." Her next question was, "what are you going to do with these?" Valid question. I no longer have a turntable....so what do you do with a stack of 45's? Make art....

5 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Hahahaha! My grandson told me when I called that his Dad was in the garage working on that "thing" that plays those GINORMOUS CD's ( it was a turntable for 33's - LP's!!) Wait till they hear you sometimes needed to tape a penny to the "arm" to stop it from skipping!

Nelly said...

Love your piece. I got a box of LPs from Freecycle with the same thought in mind.
Nelly

Tara said...

This is lovely! For me, they'd still be stacked n the basement! Came out great!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

I had a ton of those 45's too. And 8-track tapes!!
:)

Unknown said...

oooh! those are great!