Thursday, March 18, 2010

Embroidery Goes Mobile!

This little sampler took approximately one evening of American Idol and six volleyball games.  Have you ever sat through a volleyball tournament?  I do that a lot.  The hardest part is really getting into the stitches and a volleyball comes soaring at you at what feels like 122 miles an hour.  First movement is:  protect the art with your hands and throw your foot up to punch the ball...then go back to stitching.  It definitely keeps your peripheral vision on its game and tightens the thighs.  

The beauty of stitching...it is mobile!

3 comments:

donna!ee said...

love love love the darker shades for embroidery...classically rustic!

Dawn said...

I love the embroidery!!
I so understand sitting through tourneys. With three sons involved in sports, I sat through my share of them.
I really don't miss the bleacher seats!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Multi-tasking!!!