Monday, March 8, 2010

Self Portrait!

"Every portrait that is painted with feeling 
is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter."
-Oscar Wilde



How do you see yourself?  This is a self-portrait of my little friend.  She did this in little slivers of tissue. She was only about 10 years old when this was created.  I just love it!!  It proudly hangs in my home right next to the waaaay over priced portraiture created by a local photographer.  Frankly, I see the real person through this face a wee bit clearer.  Her head surrounded by the green tissue polka dots is my very favorite.  It all makes me smile.

Recently had someone visit my home and commented about the two being displayed in close proximity...I wasn't sure if she thought this was a good thing or not? 
 I quickly informed her of the right answer.  This one is waaaay better.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That is so sweet!