Thursday, May 13, 2010

Remnants Of Mother's Day!

Just had to share my Mother's Day card with the masses.  My little friend created this little Halmark Card during Graphic Design class at school.  The pairing of these two photos was outstanding...I thought.  The old vintage merry-go-round we discovered while hiking one day, and a photo-shopped image of myself trying to be a large human letter "X" popping out of the top...complimented with a phrase in the word bubble that I truly have said many, many, times...."I Love Embroidery Floss".  The randomness of the whole card is more sentiment than anything I could have imagined.  She gets me.


"Research indicates that for Mother's Day, 
consumers prefer to spend
a little more on cards because they know that
Mothers tend to read and reread every word."
-Rachel Bolton
-----------------------------

My little friend spent more effort and time...handmade all the way!   
I will definitely read and reread for years to come. 
My sentimental word for Mother's Day is "blessed"...need I say more.
-----------------------------


3 comments:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

I love the Mother's Day card! I can't imagine a more fitting analogy than a merry-go-round.

:)

Unknown said...

I love your paper work!!!
You are so talented!
Following your blog, come follow mine :)
Gros bisous
Frenchy

icandy... said...

hi, alexa!
that merry go round photo is fabulous!
have a super weekend!!
ox
christina