Monday, October 24, 2011

Country Living Fair - Georgia, 2011!!

The Country Living Fair was once again not disappointing!  Beautiful day....outstanding vendors!  My Best-est eagerly hopped in the car early Saturday morning and off to Stone Mountain, GA we went.  Truly, we squeal with delight once on the road knowing our next 6-8 hours are going to be filled with a buffet of eye candy.  We annually look forward to this event!

Upon entry into the field there is always this mound of pumpkins, gourds and mums!  It is the signature element of decorating for the Country Living Fair!  If you can spot the pile...you have arrived.

The first tent I see is certainly one of my favorites....Earth Angel Toys!  Multiple vendors are represented and it is a feast of creative brilliance!
The entree' into the woods awaits us!  There... let the shopping begin!
The beauty of all the vendors that attend is the unending yummy goodies they bring, and how they cleverly display it in the middle of the woods.  

Of course, quilts are just randomly hanging in the trees....ahhhhhhh!


Then there is the furniture.  The reference "over the top" is no doubt useable.  Yet, it is exactly what I want to see.  How awesome is this sofa?

Just a glimpse of the magnitude of goodies.

The attention to detail is delish!  This tree had handmade paper poppies wrapped around the trunk.

We were one of many shoppers.  My Best-est and I even enjoy watching fellow shoppers.  Everyone attends in their most interesting and creative ensembles.  I wanted to poll one out of three people to ask where they shop.  This crowd is fashion forward!

These gals are some of my favorite!  I knew they were coming, but within minutes of our arrival I look up and BAM! there they were.  Love them!  Joy "the Junk Queen" Thornton, the one waving, is the proprietor of United Gift Shop, one of my favorite junking spots!  The other two are wonderful booth owners at her shop.  Anne Prettyman, the one with the sunglasses, is quite the junker herself, my numbered, wooden storage shelf was a purchase from her booth.  Gina Garst is wearing the navy blue jacket and always has great stuff in her booth.  My coffee table was formerly hers!  Great Gals!

 Just some miscellaneous photos of goodness!





A box of bakelite bracelets...my fave!




The ordinary is not common....the extraordinary is everywhere.  This chair says, "come hither."

 This furniture ensemble is truly my favorite!  I love me some red.


This is but a fraction of the beautiful wares available at the Country Living Fair!  If ever you can attend, make it a priority.  It will not disappoint.

2 comments:

Kit said...

OMG!! What a wonderful event. I am quite jealous. Hope you found some great finds. Kit

scrapwordsmom said...

Oh this looks just plain fab!! Wish I was there:)