Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Oddities!

Just when you can't imagine you could stumble across anything stranger than the last oddity you found, the window of "you have got to be kidding me?" opens with a thrust of velocity!  When one shops at the 'mall' certain inventory is expected, but when shopping at an estate sale...flea market....antique store....or yard sale, the bar codes are non-existent.  The thrill of the hunt is not always the expectation of goods you want, but the surprise of discovering the things you don't want...but, curiously enjoy seeing.

I have many friends and acquaintances who inevitably ask me, "why do you enjoy digging in someones junk?"  Well, this photograph clearly answers the question.


At what point in life do you touch or feel fake teeth and gums until you personally need them?  

I have never seen, nor touched, brand new velvet boxed false teeth, but I do admit a wee bit of freaky fascination in that I would like to.  A curiosity to feel faux gums and teeth exist within me.  This odd wonderment on my part has now officially been checked off the bucket list. Consider it felt.  
FYI:  not a a big deal, just rubbery and teeth-like.

There you have it...an oddity. Check.

No comments: