Friday, December 27, 2013

Vintage Purse Collection

I have always had an affection for little vintage purses.  These two came into my collection just a couple of months ago.  How precious are these?

I must have 30 vintage purses.  Why?


At what point does one determine they have too many units of an object?  My collection has far exceeded my need to collect?  When is 'enough... enough'?

I have no idea.  Although, I have collected a few things over the years that no longer excite me to see at an estate sale or any where else for that matter.  But, this event has only happened when the collection has grown so large it cannot be displayed without knocking out a wall and building a wing on to my home.  I have got to learn the "capping" point before the collection creates a building project.

I have no idea how to deal with that....any suggestions?

"Collecting is not really about art, or Pez Dispensers, or whatever. 
Collecting is about collecting." 
-David Blanchard


What does that mean?

No comments: