Sunday, January 5, 2014

Embroidery and Felt For the Snow of 2014!


Yes...my fair city is under the large and exciting warning of potential snow by in the morning.  Just reenacted the normal pre-snow ritual...

1.  get to store immediately
2.  purchase bread, eggs, milk, rotel, velveeta, corn chips, 
3.  make chili (always have these ingredients on hand from January 1st - March 31st
4.  continually check in on the weather channel 
5.  get up numerous times to check if snowflakes are following

Once said snow has blanketed the ground with approximately 1/2" to 1" of white icey goodness, prepare all said items in the pre-snow ritual.  

Along with this homey practice...I ensure that I have plenty of crafty goodness to occupy my hours of snow gazing from my window.  Yesterday I was organizing my projects and I finished one of them.  The above embroidery was to be a project for tomorrow, but, I couldn't put it down until it was finished.  Now, tomorrow will be filled with full on creativity.  A project that has not even reached the dicey surfaces of my brain.  This afternoon, I went to my studio...grabbed a pile of fabric, thread and trim...and tomorrow will be filled with raw projects that evolve as I feel.  

Often, I like to gather...contemplate....somewhat lay out the end result...but, not tomorrow.  It is full on stitch by the seat of my hopeful snowey pants!

1 comment:

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...you always ALWAYS inspire me!!...I am taking the next 2 days to purge & organize my studio...hoping to accomplish this!!!... thank you!...for your support! <3