Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bowling, the Ultimate Find!

FYI:  My little friend wants to be a part of the bowling team at her High School this year.  

So the story goes.....
Upon going to pick up pastry the other day, we exited out of the back parking lot to find the Alzheimer's Foundation having a yard sale.  Driving slowly...canvasing within the coolness of our car...my friend spotted the above bag.  Car was immediately rammed into park, I jumped out and loped over sidewalks as if 17 people were spotting the same find....and quickly took bowling bag in hand to determine the price.  Hoping for the best...the kind proprietor said, "$3".  Inside my head there was a party!!! Whoop! Whoop! Exchanged currency and casually walked back to my car as if I had found the Holy Grail.

My little friend has become a lover of retro (could it be the ever so subtle persuasion of parental influences?...it doesn't matter how...just that she does) and a bowling bag was one of our pursuits this summer.  In our possession, we now held the ultimate bag...in her school colors....original name tag hanging on the handle never been used....the most adorable modestly used powder blue bowling shoes (5 sizes too small)...and a yummy marbleized green bowling ball.  The hopes and dreams of a future bowling letter being acquired in her high school years was now in her grasp!  The mutual 'warm and fuzzy' feeling of true harmonious retail therapy was bubbling in our hearts.  

Although, the ball was clearly purchased for someone with much smaller hands (not going to work for my friend) and the shoes she out grew when she was seven, the yard sale find was perfect.  We found a home for the shoes with a good friend that appreciated their charm as much as we did, and the bowling ball is taking residence in my antique booth...but, the bag is proudly awaiting the opportunity for tryouts in the Fall.  

Bowling Ball Bag checked off the Bucket List! Bah-da-bing!

2 comments:

Kit said...

Yeah for your super find! I just adore bowling balls and decorate with them in my yard. I call them Lawn Marbles. I have all sorts of colors tucked in between bushes and flowers. Happy Bowling! Kit

Suz said...

so sweet. i remember those days with my daughter. she still has the bag, fourteen years later!

Suz